Indigenous Peoples Movement believes in fostering an inclusive environment where every individual is valued, respected, and can fully contribute their talents. This policy outlines our commitment to promoting diversity in all its forms and ensuring equal opportunity for everyone associated with our organization.
This policy applies to all aspects of our operations, including hiring, promotion, training, board appointments, partnerships, procurement, and service provision.
2. Core Principles:
- Respect for All: Every individual, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, ability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, or any other characteristic, should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Equal Opportunity: All decisions related to employment and advancement will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Promotion of Diversity: We will proactively take steps to promote a diverse workforce, board, and stakeholder group.
- Recruitment: We will use inclusive hiring practices and will aim to have a diverse candidate pool for all positions.
- Training and Development: Diversity and inclusion training will be a part of our regular training regimen. We will also provide opportunities for underrepresented groups to develop and advance.
- Workplace Culture: We will foster a culture that values diverse perspectives and encourages open dialogue on diversity-related topics.
- Leadership and Governance: We commit to seeking diversity at leadership levels and our board of directors.
- Supplier Diversity: Whenever possible, we will work with a diverse range of suppliers and partners.
4. Reporting and Accountability:
- A diversity report will be prepared and published annually, detailing our efforts and progress in achieving our diversity goals.
- Managers and department heads will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of this policy in their respective areas.
5. Feedback and Suggestions:
- We encourage feedback from our employees, stakeholders, and partners on how we can better promote diversity.
- An open channel will be maintained for reporting any concerns or suggestions related to diversity and inclusion.
- Discrimination, harassment, or victimization of any kind on the grounds of diversity will not be tolerated.
- Any such incidents should be reported immediately and will be addressed promptly, with appropriate actions taken.
- This policy will be reviewed biennially to ensure its relevance and effectiveness in promoting diversity.
- Changes to this policy will be communicated to all associated parties.